Start Right Physiotherapy
Children’s Physiotherapy Services
Start Right Physiotherapy offers clinic and mobile children’s physiotherapy services for children ranging from newborns to school leavers.
Our approach is evidence-based, fun and effective.
Physiotherapy treatment options are designed to match the child’s needs. They may include play-based exercises, stretches and strengthening exercises, joint mobilisation, therapeutic taping, bracing, cardiovascular exercise, assistive technology or equipment assessment and prescription.
Baby and Toddler Physiotherapy
Early intervention helps babies and toddlers to lay solid foundations for their active future. Through a fun, play-based approach, we will assess your baby or toddler and work with you to create a custom program to strengthen, stretch and develop skills.
We help babies and toddlers with a variety of conditions, including:
- Babies having difficulties turning their heads (Torticollis), developing head control or not tolerating tummy time.
- Babies with flat spots on their heads (Plagiocephaly).
- Delays in achieving motor skills such as rolling, crawling, sitting, or walking.
- Problems with walking (e.g. toe-walking) or abnormal foot position.
- Low tone or floppiness (Hypotonia) in their trunk, arms, or legs.
- Stiffness (Hypertonia) in their trunk, arms, or legs.
- Poor coordination, clumsiness, or poor balance.
- Overly mobile joints (Hypermobility).
- Pavlik harness fitting service available for infants diagnosed with developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH).
Kids with Disabilities Physiotherapy
We have extensive experience working with children with disabilities to help them achieve their best.
Working with you, your child, and other practitioners such as Occupational Therapists/Speech Pathologists, we will create realistic goals for your child’s physiotherapy.
Our approach is designed to help your child both with their short-term functional goals, as well as minimising potential issues from developing.
We help children with disabilities, including:
- Neurological Disorders, including Cerebral Palsy and Spina Bifida.
- Neuromuscular Disorders including Muscular Dystrophies and Myopathies, as well as Charcot-Marie-Tooth syndrome (CMT).
- Children with permanent limb injuries, including amputees.
- Children post burns/plastics recovery and rehabilitation.
- Children post-traumatic brain injury.
- Children requiring physiotherapy post-surgery and Botox treatment.
- Chromosomal Disorders, including Downs Syndrome and Williams Syndrome.
- Transition to school or high school.
Orthopaedic Conditions & Injuries
Kids just being kids will often have accidents or injuries when pursuing sports or hobbies that they love. Other children have developmental or congenital issues that limit their movement.
We are experienced in managing common children’s orthopaedic conditions as well as injuries to joints, muscles, and bones where help is needed to gain or regain movement and mobility.
We help with common childhood orthopaedic conditions and injuries, including:
- Sprains, strains, and tears.
- Bone fractures.
- Joint dislocations.
- Curvature of the spine (Scoliosis and Kyphosis).
- Children’s arthritis.
- Foot deformity including Metatarsus Adductus and Clubfoot (Talipes).
- Pavlik harness fitting service available for children diagnosed with developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH).
- Growing pains.